Sunday, August 7, 2011

The Grass is always Greener...

Learning:

Well, I have no updates on the house situation. We are still looking and finding out what we like. I have decided that my attitude needs to change about this whole house hunting thing. I think the thing to do is get myself a positive attitude!! I really think that is the key! Dustin's parents came in town today and we went around to look at houses and neighborhoods. I love that Dustin's dad is such a go getter. We stopped at an open house and spoke with the owner, and there was Larry asking the questions that we didn't know or think to ask. We actually really liked the house! It is an option for us that we are looking into. I will keep ya posted. We then went to another neighborhood that I love so much! We are just questioning it's location. As we drove around this neighborhood, there were some people out in their front yard. Dustin's dad asked us to stop the car so that he could get out and ask them questions about the neighborhood. Again, something we are too scared to do. We did get some great information though! We stopped at a vacant house for sale and did everything but go inside. It was different, but we are still interested! Look at all this positivity bursting out of me!



Another thing I am learning to do is cook a meal that Dustin actually says, "This is my favorite!" I have a little bit less of a positive attitude about this. I know he thinks it is "good" (his words) , but I still haven't heard those winning words. For those of you that know me, know that I am a very competitive person and I want to WIN! I have made this into a game with myself. I have been looking up recipes and trying new ones out. Recipes that I would not normally step out of my comfort zone of meatloaf, chicken, or spaghetti, and cook. I get great recipes from blogs that my friend Cecilie posts. Until then I will just have to take "this is good" and go with it.




Teaching:

Still no classroom stories seeing how school hasn't started yet. I have, however, been getting my classroom ready to go! This year's theme.....polka dots! I have found some really great ideas and really love how it is coming together. This is another thing I am having a really positive attitude about. I was teaching 4th grade at another awesome school, but the district opened a new one down the road and the last hired teachers got shipped to the new school. I have had to leave some really great teachers and friends. My friend Meagan and I like to say, "The grass is always greener......where YOU plant and water it." I think this is so true. The way I was going to be happy with this change was to change my attitude. Once I did this, I have had a completely different outlook on the school year. I have decided to make this a great school year and I am feeling really good about it. How stupid will you think I am if I come back and complain on this thing every week? I will let you know how this new way of thinking works out for me....until then, try it out!


I am posting a link to my wedding pics if you want to take a look. Enjoy!

http://www.shutterfly.com/lightbox/view.sfly?fid=09056b47327365b95b2f2841c4d4a52e


PS I tried to put a few photos on this post, and for some reason when I click that little add image button nothing happens...what they hay!?

1 comment:

  1. I put a lesson on "learning" on my blog today. You would appreciate it. Just like I appreciate you, JPatt!!

    ReplyDelete